Ethernet, led’s, buttons, usb all work fine. Wireless does work but needs firmware. To fix this, i need a dump of a good flash via jtag. I stupidly erased my flash before i made a backup, luckily the update file i have had a copy of the u-boot bootloader but the nvram part is still shot so i dont know where im supposed to read the routers mac serial and wireless firmware from.
I have created a patch but it i need a jtag dump of a good flash first to make sure everything is sane.
The modem is an independent part, it can be configured with a tool called tc-tool but the adsl connection uses a PPPoE to PPPoA server on the adsl chip that uses some mangled non RFC form of PPPoE. From what i can make of it, the discovery phase is skipped and a connection is attempted with non valid parameters, the server replies with a refusal packet and then a connection with proper parameters is set up. I will have to look deeper into this but, it takes time to build, flash, test, build, flash…
Debrick tool modified for use with rt3052 brjtag-rt
Well, its turning out to be a bit less about openwrt and more about me making it run whatever i want. So far i have created a custom cross compiler toolchain, built a kernel and rootfs with busybox and some dev tools. Takes up much less memory than openwrt and a whole lot quicker.
Heres some details about the hardware:
4 Ethernet ports, wireless n, USB otg, ADSL modem.
- CPU1: Ralink RT3052
- RAM1: ESMT M12L128168A-6T
- Flash1: MX29LV320ETTI-70G
- CPU2: Trendchip TC3162LE
- RAM2: Winbond W9816G6IH-6
- Flash2: Winbond 25X40AVNIG
UART1 speed 57600 (CPU1)
UART2 speed 115200 (CPU2)
1) USB LED, GPIO 9
2) LAN 4 LED, controlled by eswitch
3) LAN 3 LED, controlled by eswitch
4) LAN 2 LED, Controlled by eswitch
5) LAN 1 LED, controlled by eswitch
6) WPS LED, GPIO?
7) WLAN LED, controlled by wlan
8) Internet LED, GPIO 14 green, GPIO 13 red
9) power LED, GPIO 8 green, GPIO 11 red
10) Wlan amplifier & rx/tx switch section
11) Main cpu section (Ralink RT3052) and its flash
12) LAN 5 LED (internal to pcb), LAN 5 is the wan connection to the adsl chip
13) WPS button, GPIO 0
14) WLAN button, GPIO 10
15) ADSL section (Trendchip TC3162LE) and its ram
16) JTAG header
17) main cpu uart header
18) adsl cpu uart header
18) adsl spi flash programming header
20) reset button, GPIO 4
21) adsl cpu spi flash memory
22) main cpu ram (16MB)
23) Oooo, spare ram pads
24) spare spi flash pads?